Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
Germany is entering a new phase of the Corona crisis. This week, the strict measures against the spread of the deadly virus are being relaxed for the first time. Schools should now gradually open again, as should small shops. One wonders: is the country returning to normality? However, it is too early to tell. The pandemic presents us all with new challenges in everyday life. Often we are not sure what is allowed and what is not. The good news, however, is that sports, walks and exercise in the fresh air are permitted. But the curfew remains. What does that mean for dog owners who want to walk their beloved four-legged friend every day? What happens if they are possibly in quarantine? In the following, we report how the relationship between the Corona crisis and dogs is developing and what you as a dog owner should know about it.
Corona crisis and dogs: There is no reason to panic!
Coronaviruses have long been known in dogs and cats. For example, the Canine Coronavirus (CCV) causes a rather mild diarrheal disease in adult dogs. Puppies can have a severe course, mostly with bloody diarrhea.
But the virus mentioned above has nothing to do with the Covid 19 virus, which has shut down life in large parts of the world in recent months. But there is no evidence of potential danger for dogs. In addition, the virus cannot be transmitted from the four-legged friends to humans. So far, transmission from humans to pets is also not known. Experts even consider such a route of infection to be unlikely. However, it is recommended to keep a close eye on the pet. If you notice certain abnormalities in his behavior, you must seek advice from your veterinarian. However, a separation of dog and owner is not necessary!
Corona crisis and dogs: you are not allowed to take your pet for long walks, at least that far!
… just go for a walk near your apartment.
Corona crisis and dogs: Can you go for a walk despite being in quarantine at home?
As a pet owner, you should continue to observe the known hygiene rules and general protective measures, such as washing your hands regularly. However, the World He alth Organization (WHO) definitely advises against disinfecting pets. A disinfectant can injure your animal's skin and mucous membranes! If you are infected yourself and are currently in quarantine, then you should follow the following rules:
- You are not allowed to leave the apartment in case of quarantine. Therefore, you should ask friends or neighbors to take your dog for a walk. There are groups on social networks where young people offer their help. However, the helpers are not allowed to enter your apartment. It is also recommended that you use your own leash or collar for your four-legged friend.
- In an emergency, you should bring the pet to an animal shelter or kennel.
The Corona crisis is changing our everyday lives, but to a certain extent also that of the dog.
- In the event of quarantine and because of the risk of corona, you must refrain from cuddling with the dog.
- You are also not allowed to share food with the pet!
- If you have a garden or backyard, let your dog play and run there every day.
- When you go for a walk, you must keep your distance from other people and animals.
- Then master or mistress should wash their hands thoroughly.
We hope these tips about Corona crisis and dogs will help you to protect yourself and your best friend from the Corona virus and stay fit and he althy!
The corona crisis need not cause excitement among dog owners.
However, a test showed that the virus could be transmitted between cats…
… but has not yet been proven in dogs.
You can go for a walk with your four-legged friend every day.
We hope that soon you will be able to take longer walks… .
… or accompanied by jogging man's best friend!