- Baking Easter bunnies - fun for young and old
- Make icing for cookies yourself
- Bake yeast dough Easter bunnies
- Bake Scrambled Easter Bunnies
Help the development of the site, sharing the article with friends!
The days before Easter are already here and with them the intense preparation for the Resurrection Festival. In order to be able to create a fairytale festive atmosphere, attach importance to two things - firstly, suitable decoration, and secondly, delicious food. Easter decorations will stimulate your senses and put you in a festive and happy mood, and right after that you'll want to snack on something delicious. It's in your hands to transform the Easter table into a feast for the eyes and the palate.
To that end, take the challenge seriously and roll up your sleeves! It can be a lot of work, but it's fun and as a result you create a magical atmosphere for the whole family. Of course you can also involve the children in all Easter projects. For example, you paint the Easter eggs together, realize some fun craft ideas with the little ones and you can even bake Easter bunnies. So enjoy the family celebration together and that's what counts the bottom line!
Bake Easter bunnies - you can also do this with children
Baking Easter bunnies - fun for young and old
The smell of freshly baked biscuits - that's how you recognize the real cosiness at home. And children love to bake together with mum or grandmother. Give them this real treat and get the old cookie cutters out of the kitchen cupboard. By the way, you mainly need an Easter bunny shape, but you can also get creative with other cutters like carrot, flower, egg and even simple geometric shapes like circle and square.
Cute Easter Bunny Cookies - simple but very effective
Before you use the cutters, you should prepare the biscuit dough and knead it well.
How to prepare delicious shortcrust pastry for Easter bunny cookies:
- 500 g flour
- 1 pinch of s alt
- 125 g sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 g cold butter
♦ Tip: Butter and eggs should come straight out of the fridge so that the dough works well leaves.
Bake easter bunny biscuits
- Mix together the flour and cold butter cut into flakes
- Add the sugar, s alt and eggs and mix roughly with the dough hook of the hand mixer
- knead the dough until smooth with your hands
- Wrap the finished shortcrust pastry in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes
Easter shortcrust pastry bunnies
Continue with the shortcrust bunnies…
Roll out the shortcrust pastry approx. 4 mm thin and cut out with the Easter bunny cutter (or any cutter you like). Then transfer to a prepared baking sheet. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C with convection. Bake the shortcrust pastry Easter bunnies in the hot oven for about 10-15 minutes.
Decorate Easter bunnies with colorful chocolate candies
Delicious Easter bunnies for snacking
Decorate Easter Bunnies with Icing
Make icing for cookies yourself
To give your Easter bunny cookies a special character, decorate them with icing. You can also make icing yourself quickly and easily. How it works…
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp water (or liquid of your choice - lemon juice or other fruit juice, filter coffee etc. You can also add a dash of alcohol such as rum or red wine for example.
- Food coloring
♦ Tip: Add more liquid for a light frosting. You get a thicker cast with less liquid.
Decorate the Easter bunnies masterfully with the piping bag
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl
- gradually add desired amount of liquid
- mix until smooth
♦ Tip: You can get an icing that is firmer and firmer by whipping 250 g of icing sugar and one egg white with a hand mixer until thick and creamy.
Cookie Frosting Cute Pink
You can easily color the icing yourself with food coloring.
- Add the food coloring drop by drop to the frosting and mix until the desired color intensity is reached
Decorate Easter biscuits with colored glaze
Decorate as you like
Armed with these 2 shortcrust biscuit and frosting recipes, you can let your imagination run wild and experiment a lot. Of course, a lot of technology is also required, but the main thing is that you have fun with it.
Let yourself be inspired by our pictures and keep scrolling because we are still baking yeast dough Easter bunnies…
Easter bunnies and carrots - delicious shortcrust biscuits
Hearts as bunny snouts
Baking Easter bunnies with children - the result
Insert heart motifs
There are no limits to creativity
Advanced Rose Pattern in the Kitchen
Sweet, cuter,… Easter Bunny Cookies
Easy idea with marshmellow
3D Easter Bunny and Chick
You can also create bunnies without Easter bunny cutters
Shortcrust pastry bunnies for snacking
A feast for the eyes and palate
You can also use baked Easter bunnies as a gift
Masterfully decorated Easter Bunny
You also eat with your eyes
Color Stimulates the Appetite
Easter bunnies made of shortcrust pastry can also be used as table decorations
Bake yeast dough Easter bunnies
How to prepare the yeast dough for Easter bunnies…
- 500 g flour
- 1 pinch of s alt
- 75 g sugar
- 1 cube of fresh yeast
- 100 g butter (softened)
- 250 ml lukewarm milk
- 2 eggs (medium)
♦ Tip: You can also replace fresh yeast with dry yeast. A packet of dry yeast is enough for a dough made from 500 g of flour.
Form bunny ears out of yeast dough
- Sieve the flour in a bowl
- Add the sugar and s alt and mix well
- press a hollow in the middle
- Mix the yeast and 5 tbsp milk (lukewarm) and pour into the well
- stir the pre-dough well, cover and let rise for 15 minutes
- Mix the eggs, melted butter and remaining milk and add to the pre-dough
- roughly mix the pre-dough with the dough hook of the hand mixer
- knead with your hands to form a smooth dough
- Cover the yeast dough and let it rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes
- knead again and throw vigorously onto the work surface
- Form the Easter bunny and place on a greased baking sheet
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes
- brush the bunny with egg yolk, decorate as desired, use raisins for eyes
- Bake in a preheated oven (200°C with circulating air) for approx. 20 minutes
Form one or more rabbits out of the yeast dough
Yeast bunnies for breakfast
You can also make an Easter bunny like this
It looks cute and tastes delicious
Grush with egg yolk, sprinkle with whatever you like and let rise a bit
Bake the Easter bunnies and you're done!
Yeast bunnies with Easter eggs
Delicious yeast pastries for Easter
Sweeten with honey
Easter bread shaped like a bunny
Bake Scrambled Easter Bunnies
Continue with the festive Easter bunny baking, but this time with batter. You can make a batter using any recipe you like or the one you've tried several times. We have one ready underneath…
Batter basic recipe
- 500 g flour
- 250 g butter (softened)
- 250 g sugar
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 125 ml milk
- 4 eggs (medium)
♦ Tip: Use a bunny baking pan to give the batter the shape of a bunny.
Easter bunny cake made of chocolate sponge
Special Baking Tins for Easter
- Beat the sugar and softened butter with the hand mixer for about 10 minutes until white and creamy
- Add the eggs and mix in for half a minute
- Mix flour and baking powder
- Alternately add milk and flour mixture to the batter
- Put the batter into a greased Easter Bunny baking pan
- Preheat oven (180°C with fan)
- approx. Bake 60 minutes
- Remove the cake and let it rest for about 10 minutes
- Unmould the Easter Bunny Scramble
♦ Tip: If you don't have an Easter bunny baking pan, you can bake two round sponge cakes and cut and match them as shown in the picture below. Then spread any cream you like on the cake and your homemade Easter bunny is ready.
Creating an Easter bunny out of batter
Decorate the Easter bunny with sprinkled icing sugar
You already have Have you collected enough inspiration on the subject of "baking Easter bunnies"? It's already time to master your own creations. Try any of the recipes mentioned above and enjoy the upcoming festival. Happy Easter!